We are excited about you being able to search for
any text anywhere on our web site. (To search the entire world wide web we
suggest Alta Vista). Alternatively you can see a list of all pages on our site at
Use the form below to search for pages or documents in this web
containing specific matching words, combinations of words (or even parts of
words). The text search engine will
display a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first.
Each list item is a link to a matching document. A brief explanation
of the query language is available below, along with examples.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary
Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped
with parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'
Page created 13 Oct, 2008. Last Updated
14 Oct 2008 12:57:43 +1000