|We are excited about you being able to search for
any text anywhere on our web site. (To search the entire world wide web we
suggest Alta Vista
). Use the form below to search for pages or documents in this web
containing specific matching words, combinations of words (or even parts of
words). The text search engine will
display a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first.
Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it
will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is displayed. A brief explanation
of the query language is available, along with examples.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary
Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped
with parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'
Site established 01/01/01 (01 January 2001). Page created 6 Jan, 2001.
Last updated 17 Nov 2001 10:29 +1000